Accordingly to the EN 365:2004 the PPE periodical examination should be carried out by a competent person, which should be trained by a manufacturer.
In order to master the PPE periodical examination, FALL SAFE®
programed a training action that has as purpose to give the knowledge of the aspects that should be verified when inspecting a PPE.
The general objective of this course is to give to its participants the knowledge of the standard procedure of PPE inspections.
Companies or organizations that carry out PPE inspection service or general workers and technicians with the function of inspecting PPE for work at height.
At the end of the training, trainees should be able to:
• Identify the main risks and causes associated to Work at heights.
• Identify the legal requirements to apply the CE marking according with the REGULATION (EU) 2016/425 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 9 March 2016
• Identify the harmonised standards applied to PPE destined to avoid falls from a height.
• Identify the various kinds of PPE and its characteristics.
• To apply the inspection procedures accordingly with the EN 365 harmonised standard and PPE type.
Program and Duration
This course lasts 8 hours and it will address the following topics:
• Risks associated to Work at Heights
• Legal requirements for CE marking
• Personal Protective Equipment against fall from heights
• Inspection and maintenance.